Thursday, June 24, 2010

What a day

We woke up at 6:00 am and headed to yellowstone for a 90 mile journey each way to Old faithful and back to continue through Cody and over the bighorn mountains ( elevation 9200 feet) finally ending up in a small little town called buffalo. Bryan drove about 420 really hard miles- I know I was looking into the abyss below.

Some items to note: at the rodeo the prayer lasted a good 3-4 minutes asking for protection and ending with " in Jesus name". Ya- pretty sure that prayer was longer than what we hear in churches and was illegal in many states!!! Also- the flag seems to mean something here in thte Midwest - it has been very enlightening and sobering to think of the sacrifices many gave to settle the West! It's hard enough in a 35 foot rv - just think what a wagon train would be like! I am pretty sure it was more difficult than I would like to believe.

As for animals- well we saw a bear by accident, 2 flying bald eagles, a buffalo that I could have petted from my window in the rv, a deer that I could have petted as well, and a few horses and cows. Oh- possibly a moose with no horns- I took a picture i'll let u know - I am a little disappointed at the effort of the animals... Hardly any... They are just not giving a good performance! Where is the motivation!

Tomorrow we are heading to mt rushmore - Sally lent me her slick super zoom lens!!! I'm excited to see this slice of Americana! We are starting to have a southern twang!

We love the comments - I know it is such a pain to post them -Facebook is easier! I am using my iPad with very limited intrrnet- We are still being careful with Facebook- more security issues! Good night from Wyoming!
:-N

1 comment:

  1. We went to the PBR (pro bull riders) in Phx. a few months back and were shocked and amazed at the prayer!!!! Good ol' USA and GOD! The cowboys got it right.
    ~Linda

    ReplyDelete